Gagik Stepanyan was born on January 20, 1977 in Yerevan.
As a chess coach and pedagogue hi graduated at Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports.
He started his professional career as a chess teacher at Nikol Aghbalyan No. From 19 primary schools, working for 10 years.
- 2017-2018 worked as a coach at Zeytun's youth chess school.
- 2018-2023 worked as a coach at Malatia-Sebastia chess school for children and youth.
- From 2022 until today, he works as a coach at the Arabkir Children's and Youth Chess Sports School.
- From 2022, he cooperates with the DASA2 online school as a chess coach, teaching chess to Diaspora Armenian children, trying to contribute to the preservation of Armenians in the Diaspora.
- 2023 until today he works at the Chess Academy of Armenia.
• 2nd place in Yerevan School Chess Olympiad: 2017, 2018.
• 3rd place in the Yerevan School Chess Olympiad, 2019.
• 2nd place in the Yerevan School Chess Olympiad in 2018.
• More than a dozen 2nd and 1st category players.