Emil Markaryan was born in Baku on the 12th of December, 1979 and relocated to Armenia in 1988. Studied at the State Engineering University of Armenia.
Emil Markaryan is considered as one of the best coaches of the Academy.
1996 graduated from Ashtarak N2 secondary school
From 1996 - 2002 – studied at the State Engineering University of Armenia. Awarded a master's degree
- From 2002 to 2005 took postgraduate studies at the Nas Institute of Chemical Physics of the Republic Of Armenia
- 2005 received a PhD in Chemical Sciences.( Candidate of Chemistry)
- Multiple Champion and prize-winner of Ashtarak and Aragatsotn regions.
- From 2002 - 2010 worked in scientific and production activities in the chemical field
- From 2011 – to present works as a chess teacher at the N4 basic school after Gr. Ghapantsyan
- From 2011 - to present works in Ashtarak region as a coach
- From 2014 to present works as a coach of the Ashtarak branch of the Chess Academy
- From 2020 to present works as a coach of the Chess Academy of Armenia
- From 2011 - 2021 about 30 students acquired the 1st category levels, more than 100 students acquired from the 4th - 2nd category levels
During different years Emil Markaryan had participants and award winners in the finals of several age categories of the Armenian Junior Girls Championships, including:
- In 2013 Armenian U-8 boys took the 1st and 2nd places in the European Cup
- In 2015 - Vice-champion of Armenian U-16 boys
- In 2015 – 2nd -4th places of the Andranik Margaryan Memorial
- In 2015 - Vice-champion of France for U-16 boys
- In 2017 - 2nd -3rd places of the 11th Olympiad of Armenian schoolchildren (village Parpi secondary school)
- In 2018 - Champion of Armenian U-14 girls
- In 2018 - Champion of Andranik Margaryan Memorial U-14 girls
- In 2019 - Vice-champion of Armenian U- 14 girls
- In 2020 - 2nd place of the 14th Olympiad of Armenian schoolchildren (Ashtarak N4 school)