Tigran Harutyunyan was born on January 15, 1997, in Yerevan. He studied at the State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports of Armenia. He is a pedagogue by profession. He is considered one of the best coaches of the Chess Academy of Armenia.
- "State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports of Armenia" Foundation, Awarded a Bachelor's degree in pedagogy. Profession: Professional pedagogy: physical education and sports training
- "Armenian State University of Economics", Awarded a Master's degree
- Eight-time Armenian Youth champion (at 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- 2011: Vice-champion of the World Youth U16 Chess Olympiad
- 2012: 4th in European Youth U16 Chess Championships
- 2012:4th in World U16 Chess Championships.
- 2013: 5th prize holder of the European Youth U16 Chess Championship
- 2014: 5th place in the European Youth U18 Chess Championship
- 2014: 6th place in the World Youth U18 Chess Championships
- 2014: Bronze medalist of Karen Asrian Memorial International Chess Tournament
- 2014: Winner of the World's Youth Stars International Chess Tournament
- 2015: Winner of the Nona Gaprindashvili Cup
- 2016: Winner of the Georgian Club Championship
- 2017: Winner of the ALAIN Juniors Championship
- 2018: Vice-champion of the 40 R.G.Nezhmetdinov Memorial
- 2019: Vice-champion of the Aeroflot Open B
- 2019: Winner of the 10eme LUC Open - Tournoi International d'echecs de Lille.
- 2019: Third place in XLII Open Int Escacs Barbera del Valles 2019 Grup A.
- 2019: Vice-champion of the XXI Obert Internacional Sant Marti 2019 Grup A
- 2019: Winner of the Nona Gaprindashvili Cup (Open A) 2019
- 2019: Vice-champion of the Almaty Open 2019 A
- 2019: Winner of the European Universities Chess Championship
- 2020: Third place in XXXI International Chess Open Roquetas de Mar
- 2020: Winner of the Aeroflot Open 2020 B
T. Harutyunyan earned his FIDE master title in 2012, followed by the international master title in 2014. He earned his third grandmaster norm in March 2019, becoming the 43rd GM from Armenia.
Since 2021 he has been working as a coach at the Chess Academy of Armenia