Sargis Manukyan was born on January 1, 1990, in Yerevan. Studied at Physics and Mathematics Specialized School after A. Shahinyan (Yerevan State University).
Sargis Manukyan is considered of the best coaches of the Chess Academy of Armenia.
Physics and Mathematics Specialized School after A. Shahinyan
YSU Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Bachelor’s Degree
YSU Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Master's degree
- 2000 became Vice-champion of Armenia U-10 years
- 2002 took the 1st-3rd places in the Yerevan Youth Championship
- 2006 became Yerevan U-16 Youth Champion
- 2008 became champion of "Jermuk 2008" International Open Tournament U-18
- 2009 became Armenian club champion in "MIKA" team
- 2010 became Yerevan Men's Vice-champion
- 2012 became Yerevan Men's Champion
- 2012 became the Bronze medalist of "Nabokov Memorial" tournament
- 2012 took the 1st-4th places in Group A of Poti International Tournament
- 2012 took the second place in the coaching tournament held in Poti
- 2015 became the Bronze medalist at the “Moscow OpenC” International Tournament
- 2011-2012 worked as a coach at the Chess Academy of Armenia
- 2011 represented Armenia at the international conference entitled "Chess at School" in Satka
- 2014-16 worked as a head coach in Artsakh
- Since 2016 December, has been working as a headmaster at Yerevan Kanaker-Zeytun Children and Youth Chess School Community Non-Profit Organization
- Since 2021 has been working as a coach at the Chess Academy of Armenia
During coaching career, Sargis Manukyan's students became winners and prize-winners of the Armenian championship, as well as performing well in European and world competitions.
Sargis Manukyan awarded the "Best Coach" prize at the "Stepan Avagyan 2016" international tournament for the result shown by the students.
- 2013 was awarded the title of FIDE Master
- 2015 was awarded the title of FIDE Coach